Monday, December 3, 2007

"He gave his life for tourism ..."

So ...

we've been doing Egypt, and Catherine read a book on King Tut. I got on line, found out the Tut exhibit is coming to Dallas next year, reserved slots, and then showed the girls the material on the web. They thought it was very cool.

And then ...

I remembered Steve Martin's King Tut, so I searched YouTube and found it.

Who would have thought two little girls, ages 6 and 4, would be sooooo enamored. Isabella has (for two days now) come over and over into my study making the sign for silly and pointing to the television. Needless to say, they are enraptured. And dancing "Egyptian" too.

In case you don't remember it (or are just too dang young) here you go:



Thanks, Steve Martin, for making my week. Not to mention entertaining my kids and supplementing our classical education with a mixture of whimsy, retro, and pop culture!

1 comment:

Tori Lennox said...

Oh, I loved Steve Martin's "King Tut"!!! I'm glad the girls are enjoying it. :)