Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tugging the heartstrings ...

I've been wishing that CC would be a teensy bit more into television (my rationale is that it would help in learning English!). Well, the other day, my friend Carla (who adoped CC's little friend from the same CWI) mentioned that Sesame Street was doing an adoption theme because Gina had adopted a little baby from Guatamala.

I remember fondly the days when SS would keep Catherine occupied for a full hour and I could put away dishes without an audience. Ah, such luxury. But I don't think CC will be at all interested.

Still, I figured it was worth a try, and I've been Tivo'ing the show for that very reason. So, I offer it. And miraculously, she says yes. And oh.my.gosh, she is mesmerized!

At one point, the SS gang is talking about the adoption, and about how Gina and the baby are a family now. I tell CC that we adopted her just like Gina adopted the baby. Immediately, CC makes the sign for "mama," then the sign for "daddy," then the sign for "sister." Then she points to herself. I say, "Yes, we're a family." And then she jumps off the couch, runs over and gives me a huge hug!

It was truly one of the most precious moments of my life.

And to think I might not have tuned in. Thanks, Carla :)

1 comment:

Shannon McKelden said...

Aww..that made me teary-eyed. I can only imagine what it did to you!

Shannon